Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 14, 2014


Dear family and amigos. 

I don't have a whole lot to say this week. Since I've started emailing, 3 different people have sat next to me, and each one's breath has thrown me into a condition where I can't think to save my life. But for you people... I'll do my best.

Let's start out with adventures while proselyting. 
We went tracting one day, and knocked on the door of a very old man. He took a long time getting to the gate on his walker, and when he saw that we were religious, he was probably thinking something like, "Oh, they want to talk about religion, eh? I'll talk about religion with them!" Then he told us his entire life story. He stopped not once, not even to breathe, and only broke his chain of thought to add in, "Faith... Catholic... Faith... Sixty years of Marriage..." It was actually a really interesting time until the 40 minute mark passed, and we had to get back to another program. Old people do not let go easily. 

While tabling on the main street, a little Irish marching band came through. There were like 5 guys with bagpipes, and for some reason, a huge crowd was following them all through the city. One of the elders we were with went to the front of the band and tried leading them. They all just gave him death stares. 

Also during the week, we had a big Zone Training meeting here. A bunch of different people gave different parts of the training. 2 elders gave one about gaining people's trust while finding. The two did a skit of a guy picking up his date and then gave the "6 Essentials of 1st Dates and Finding"
1. Smile, 2. Appearance, 3 Compliments, 4. Service, 5. Honesty, 6. You have to have the Spirit with you.
I can't tell you how funny it was.

Then another lesson was a chocolate eating contest, to open up a Milka bar and eat it without hands. It was pretty awesome. 

Basically, we actually learned a lot, and it was really fun. 

Then Sunday came and I was exhausted. During Elders Quorum, I was struggling to pay attention, but it was really hard. Eventually, I just got up to go to the bathroom and like 5 guys also got up and followed me there. I was so confused! But if I had been paying attention, I guess I would have known that they went to go show some people how to turn on the baptismal font for a baptism this week. 

Yes we had a great week.
You should have one too. Goodbye. 

Love, 
mitch














No comments:

Post a Comment