Tuesday, July 15, 2014

June 23, 2014

So this week was not super crazy at all. We did a lot of tracting and stopping people on the street, but not too much exciting happened. When we tract, we always run into people who were baptized a long time ago but have since given up on the church, or usually just the people there. It's crazy that so many people who still believe in the church will let other people stop them from going to church and doing other things to strenthen their testimony. 

We meet with a number of people who are having trouble coming to church and staying active, as well as a few recent converts that we still meet with to help strenghten them. This week, all of them came to church! Hurray! I think that it must be really hard to come back to church after being inactive for a long time, so it is really cool to see people progress back! 

Most of our investigators are being pretty cool too. We have one lady who has been planning on getting baptized, and I have never actually taught her in a program before! So I finally got to teach her this last week! She is really prepared and is so excited for her baptism! We had a sunday school lesson on baptism and she and her recently baptized son (who gave a talk in sacrament meeting) were the best participants. 

We had zone conference on friday. It was really good! My comp and I even gave a little training for part of it. We just had everyone practice a big role play where you find a way to bear your testimony about the Book of Mormon in different settings- either 1. While tracting 2. if someone stops you on the street and asks about english class 3. if you are on the bus and you catch someone gawking at your nametag.

Elder Thomas and I have been trying to run more often. We ran almost every morning this week. I'm not a very good runner, but I have actually seen a noticeable difference in my endurance while running. Noticeable enough to inspire me to go and buy real running shoes today, since the ones I've been using are 5 year old walmart shoes...

There's a girl who we meet with who was baptized less than a year ago. She speaks perfect english and is moving to America in a few weeks, but will be going to BYU in the winter, and she will also be studying biology, which is pretty awesome! I love being able to make friends while I'm out here! 

What else? I bought a tooon of food last week so that I could practice cooking a number of Hungarian dishes this week. It's pretty dumb though, because apparently when you ask any human being what the steps are to make something, they take it as, "Please make this food for me because I'm helpless," so I really came out from this week not cooking much, but eating a lot.
At any rate, we had Töltött Káposzta (stuffed cabbage), Madártej/madártej cake, Paprikás scirke, and some other really good soups. I didn't even have to buy groceries this week.

Okay, cool, so that's my week. I left my camera cords in the car... woops. no pictures this week. 

Love you all! 
Have a great week!
Love,

Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment