Sunday, May 11, 2014

May 5, 2014

Dear Family,
We had quite a week. 
We were able to talk to quite a few people who were pretty interested in hearing about the Church. One really cool experience was a couple that we tracted into. They let us in and we talked for about an hour. They don't believe in God, but were willing to listen to us. The husband said, "I'll be honest guys, I normally hate it when religious people come knocking on our door, but I let you in because I felt something different." We talked to them a little about the Book of Mormon, and they gave us their number so we could talk about meeting again sometime.
Unfortunately, they told us yesterday when we called that they will be really busy "until August," which probably means that they don't really want to meet anymore, but it was still a special experience for me because I've never had anyone say that they let us in because they felt something different, especially someone who doesn't even believe in God. 
But we did find a few more people to set up with for later this week or next. 

Also this week, we were able to go do splits in my greenie area of Érd again! This time, we both went over there to work, so I went with a greenie. It was super cool, because the only people we taught that day were people who I taught in my first couple weeks in the country! We also got lost like 3 times, so it was an interesting day, but I'm always glad to see my old home town again! 

The best news was that we had the baptism! It was awesome! Elder Driggs, my last companion came back and taught him. Szilvia asked me to choose everything for the baptism, so I also had myself give an opening talk about baptism and a member give a talk about the Gift of the Holy Ghost, but for some reason, they told her to talk about baptism, so I had to do the other one. I got really nervous, especially since that's what I talked about at Balázs's and it went really bad. But I went up there and my talk went well, and I was told that it went much better than the last one, haha. Maybe the Holy Ghost helped me talk about Him this time, haha. 

Love you all! Have a good week!
Love,
Elder Young
PS. The computer here isn't working very well, so I can't get any pictures out to you! :( maybe another time... haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment