Saturday, May 3, 2014

April 28, 2014

Dear Family, 
This week was alright. It wasn't as great as last week, but that's okay, haha. 
We had an interesting start to the week. 

Tuesday, we met with a guy who has worn the same white t-shirt and pink sweatpants every time we've visited him. He expressed an interest in going to church, and asked if it was a problem that he only owned sweatpants.
 
-"No, probably not, as long as you wear something dark. Just make sure that you don't go to church wearing... I don't know... pink or something." And he got really offended.
 
-"ARE YOU SERIOUS!? You think I would wear pink in public? These are paJAMas! I'm not gay! I wouldn't wear this in public!" We met with him 3 times this week, and every time he promised he'd come to church... then he didn't come.
 
After that, we were talking to people on the street. Someone called me just as my comp started talking to a very old lady so I couldn't help him, as the lady was screaming her head off at him. Poor Elder Dellenbach hasn't learned to just walk away from screaming old people yet...
One day it was raining in the morning. We had an investigator who asked if we could meet another day because the weather was "terrible." By the time I got his text, the sky was clear, and it ended up being the nicest day of the whole week! Haha.
The rest of the week went by really, really slowly and I felt like I was just dragging my face on the ground. I'm glad I have Elder Dellenbach to keep me going or I'd probably just die. 
We also try and have fun with our investigators. One day, I was not in the mood to do much, so we told our investigator, who had just finished 2nd Nephi, to teach us about it. He wrote 5 main points that he learned on the white board. Then we continued the discussion while all sitting in the same row of chairs, all facing the same direction. I thought it was hilarious. 
Lastly, yesterday, we were going to meet with our investigator who is getting baptized next week so she could find baptismal clothes that fit her. When we met in the foyer, she said that she wasn't able to go downstairs, and was having second thoughts for the baptism. The bishop walked in, heard what was going on, and suggested that we go and pray about it. She didn't want to go anywhere, but agreed on the prayer idea, and gave a really nice prayer right there, so that she should know what to do/be able to go downstairs. Right when she said Amen, the office elders (who we were waiting on because they have the key) walked into the room and innocently asked, "Alrighty, shall we go downstairs?" and our friend said, "Igen!"
Then, with the Érd elders, she had a dinner at her house with the rest of her family, who have been against her decision to be baptized. Apparently it went really well, and the family really opened up to them, and those elders are even going fishing with her dad next week! It's cool to see awesome things like that happen to make way for the baptism! 
Uhhh.... other than that... I went pretty crazy on the groceries this week, and I will try a ton of new dishes for the rest of the week! Yummm...
That's all I have.
I love all of you! I'll see some of you on Skype soon!
Love,
Elderrr Young.
PS. Pictures:
1. Nose goes for who says the prayer!


2. The sunset.

3. My dear companion.

4. Some company we found.


No comments:

Post a Comment