Saturday, July 27, 2013

April 8, 2013

Hello,

Well, this has been a super good week for me.  I don't know if I mentioned last week, but my birthday last week marked that I have officially been out of the MTC longer than I was in it! What a great birthday present!
Also, as a birthday present to myself, I bought a pan for making palacsintas, which are basically crepes, except they are Hungarian, so they're better.

On Wednesday, our one investigator with a baptism date (whom I havent seen in over a month since my last companion left) randomly showed up to our English Class! He has a big beard now, and apparently has still been reading from the Book of Mormon every day and still wants to be baptized, but has been extremely busy since he found work (work is very hard to find here). So we are going to start meeting with him again!

Thursday was Judd's year mark as a missionary, so  that night, we went on our balcony and burned a shirt, haha. 

On Friday, we went on splits with the Zone leaders, so I had an Elder Kreiburg from Denmark come to Érd, and I was the senior companion for the day! I had the phone, I lead all the lessons, and I navigated all the transportation! All we did that day was have district meeting, then 2 feeding programs, because all the transportation took so long, but it was still awesome. And Elder Kreiburg was super fun to be with for a day! Also, one of the members we met with also got me a cake, so... it was fantastic, haha. 
The other feeding program we had was with the American family, and for the lesson, I had all the kids act out parts from Lehi's dream! Haha. 

General Conference was a blast! I can't wait till the Liahona comes out so I can find out what everyone said!  I only got to hear one session in English, so that was pretty hard. I did get like 2 pages of notes on one session in Hungarian though! And that was a fun little shoutout to Hungary President Monson gave! President Monson pronounced the name of the city Debrecen incorrectly, and so it was funny for everyone there. It was good though. 

Yup, that was all the exciting news from my week! Let me know what's going on over there. I've been hearing talk of mission calls for people. That's pretty cool.

Sok szeretet nélkül,

Mitch

1. Flipping palacsinta

2. Easter Gift from the Landlord

3. Another happy birthday cake!

1. Me with Anikó, a new member


2. Lehi's dream with the Biesinger kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment