Friday, February 8, 2013

February 4, 2013


dont know how much time Ill have, so I might just finish this with a letter If I need to. 

This week was pretty uneventful for me. Nothing really happened, just our normal couple of programs, and travelling to them taking up all of our days. Its hard sometimes because a lot of our investigators ask really good questions, and bring up really good points, but I guess its easy for me, because i dont even know what those points are until after the lesson is over! haha.

On Friday, we had an exchange, where my companion went with the district leader, and I went with his companion, who is Elder Jones, my MTC companion! He's a lot like Jon Gill, so you know we had a fun time, streeting and tracting and not knowing how to speak to anyone, but speaking anyways. We found a 10 story building, somehow got access into the building, and went tracting. It was really good to practice the language and meet different people, each having different levels of wanting to talk to us... haha. Then we watched the Prince of Egypt in Hungarian for language study, and I slept over there in Pest. It was a lot better than I thought it would be!!

On Saturday, we swapped back, and we literally missed our train back to Érd by 2 seconds. Then I ate something called a Vanilla Pillow. And it was pretty good. 

On Saturday night there was a baptism for an 8 year old American kid in our branch. It was a really awesome experience and the Spirit was really strong! It set a really good feeling for me for the past couple days!! 

But after the baptism that night, and a couple little programs, I was very, very hungry. But I couldnt light our stove because we were out of matches! So I taped like 3 used match sticks together into a 6 inch stick, turned on the toaster and held the stick against the coils till it started on fire. (Huff puff huff puff) It's..... (Huff puff) MacGyver!!! (That was for you, Jason.)
Mom and Dad, be proud that your son is so smart. But I only did it once.

Yesterday, I had 2 programs, and had to bike all over Kingdom Come to get there. I swear, there is no such thing as a downhill here. Everything is uphill!! I die every time I touch the bike!

Today, I got my residency stuff to legally stay here. We waited like 4 1/2 hours in this DMV place, waiting and waiting to fill out some paperwork. Then we had our greenie training, which was another few hours, so it was pretty fun.  And we got to see our ösi, or ancient ones from the MTC!! They came here 6 weeks before us, so it was good to have all of us together one last time! Haha. 

Now I'm emailing. Its been a good week. Hopefully this will be a better week! Cant wait to... uhh... start learning Hungarian soon! Haha. 

I love you all!! 

Szeretettel,
Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment